Saturday, February 27, 2010

Paypal Update - Bank withdrawls to India Resumed

So, there is some good news from Paypal that bank withdrawals to India are resumed. I got a mail from Paypal about this today. You can check https://www.thepaypalblog.com/2010/02/resuming-local-bank-withdrawals-to-india/ for details.

It seems that it requires Export code when withdrawal to bank is requested. Frankly, I don't understand what it means and I think it is something for those people who export goods from India and get paid through Paypal. But what us, freelancers are going to do about it? I don't know. I don't export anything, but I get paid for my services. I guess we have to wait until March 1st when Paypal comes with a valid explanation hopefully.

Still, personal payments are suspended. Kuddos to Paypal for at working diligently for Indian users. Now, I trust Paypal more.

No comments:

Post a Comment