Thursday, May 13, 2010

Working on weekends - Is it a choice for freelancers?

Freelancers are looked at with envy by others who take up regular jobs. Many people assume that freelancers are making loads of money without working hard. The reality is that freelancers are working their heads off, sometimes more than others.

For those who take regular jobs, weekends are a great pleasure and they commit not to work on weekends. Freelancers on the other hand don't practically see a difference between weekdays and weekends. When clients request for a job to be done, they just start working on the project without worrying about the day. Ironically, this is the freedom for freelancers. Unless you are very well established in your niche, you can't pass away a couple of clients because the work load requires you to work in the weekends.

Many freelancers are actually more worried about whether they should work on weekends, rather than do they like working on weekends. Personally, I feel that the freedom of freelancing allows you to decide what you want to do. No one is going to question you for turning down clients because you don’t like to work on Saturdays and Sundays.

I have not established a full fledged career in freelance writing and hence, I don’t mind working on weekends. At the same time, I don’t work for forty hours in five days. I schedule my work so that I don’t miss the entertainment I don’t want to miss. I happily distribute my work on weekends and just consider week days as weekends. I am not going to travel to any place to work, so it doesn't hurt me to work on Saturdays and Sundays. Sometimes, my clients give me loads of work to be completed on Monday and in those cases, working during weekends is what I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment